Friday, January 21, 2011

A bit about myself...

Hello Everyone!,

     My name is Jacob Willey, and I am currently a Freshman at the University of Alaska Fairbanks in pursuit of a Computer Science degree.  I was born in Anchorage, AK. However, I  have spent most of my life here in Fairbanks.  When I was younger, I spent some time living in Indiana and Michigan as well as getting to see most of the United States but, I always come back home.  Other than my Father, who lives outside of Glen Allen, I am the only member of my family living here in Alaska.

      I enjoy nature a lot, and live in one of the best places for it.  I love snowboarding, camping, fishing, and hiking.  When I am indoors, I love to read, watch movies and play video games.  Personally, I enjoy fantasy, horror, and science fiction or just about anything captivating to read or watch.  Among my favorite authors are Stephen King, Terry Brooks, Tolkien and Philip Pullman to name a few.  Terry Brooks would be the most influential, as I didn't care to read before I found his books.  I, myself, even dream of writing a little.  Creating music and playing the piano are also a couple of my hobbies.

      Well, there is a little about myself! Thanks for Reading!!!

-Jake1981

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jake - this looks great. I'm excited to hear that you might aspire to some creative writing! You can definitely explore that in this class. And from your reading preferences, might I suggest "The Passage," by Justin Cronin? Amazing epic post-apocalyptic vampire novel. Also, "The Hunger Games," trilogy. I loved both authors. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete